Blessed Adolf Kolping initiated the Kolping movement for the mobile workers in Cologn on 6th May 1849. Today the Kolping movement has sprouted its branches in 62 countries globally. The head office of the International Kolping movement is now functioning in Cologn. The movement started its functioning in India in 1980 and now it has been functioning in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Andhrapradesh and Karnataka with the total membership of 33,000+. The four key aims of the Kolping movement are:
- Enabling the members to live as good human beings/good Christians,
- Enabling the members to live as good parents and good family members,
- Facilitating the members to bloom as the hard workers
- Helping the members to deliver his/her duties as good citizens for the well-being of all citizens in the country.At present, the programme in Palayamkottai-Kolping Region has its reach in 23 villages by forming 50 Kolping groups with the membership of 875 people.
F The following table gives the details on the loans disbursed to Kolping beneficiaries under various categories during the reporting year.
Particulars on loans disbursed for the Kolping beneficiaries:
|S.No||Type of loan||Number of beneficiaries||Amount of loan given in INR||Amount of Grant given in INR|
|1||Individual Income Generation Programme (I.I.G.P.) Revolving fund||35||4,10,000.00||–|
|2||I.I.G.P from National office||11||2,19,000.00||–|
|3||Milch Animal Programme (M.A.P)||12||1,95,000.00||–|
|4||Vocational Training Programme||25||2,80,000.00||–|
|6||Construction of household toilets||20||2,00,000.00||1,00,000.00|
|7||Organic Agricultural Practices||02||–||4,000.00|
|8||Flood Relief Fund||04||–||28,350.00|
|9||Additional support for Vocational Training (Tailoring & Beautician )||13||–||70,000.00
|10||Kolping Death Relief Fund||02||–||10,000.00|
Details on number of beneficiaries who get engaged in different individual income generation programmes.
|S.No||Name of the I.I.G.P||Number of members involved||Amount given by Kolping India in INR|
|9||Renting out vessels||06||70,000.00|
|10||Renting out chairs||02||39,000.00|
|11||Flori-culture and flower vending||07||90,000.00|
Training cum capacity building programmes had been delivered to the target people covered under KolpingProgramme and the details of the same are given in the below table.
|S.No||Date of training programmes||Title of the training||Place of training||Number of trainings||Number of participants|
|Training on book-keeping||TSSS training hall||02||60|
|Training on Leadership qualities.||TSSS training hall||02||60|
|3||25-04-2016||Training on Entrepreneurial Development Programme||TSSS training hall||01||45|
|Training on Organic Agricultural Practices `(O.A.P)||TSSS training hall||02||60|
|5||20-06-2016||Payment for Practice on OAP||TSSS Office||01||02|
|Training on Family values||TSSS training hall||03||120|
|Orientation on Sanitation &
Mass Awareness Campaign
|St.Antony’s High School, Pettai||02||840|
|HIV/AIDS prevention and care||TSSS training hall||02||70|
|Right based Awareness||TSSS training hall||02||90|
|Orientation training on women and child protection||Women Resource Centre||03||115|
|11||16-11-2016||Interface meeting with other initiatives||TSSS training hall||01||50|
Special Events in Tirunelveli Kolping Region:
- Kolping Day was celebrated in order to remember the great service of Blessed Adolf Kolping on 26th October 2016 and food and financial support was given for deserving poor on that day.
- Various days of importance were observed and celebrated for teaching the values of those important days to the target people. Many relevant programmes and cultural events were arranged for comemorating the days of importance which awakened the participants and the general public to a great extent.
- World Toilet Day was observed on 25th November 2016 in St.Antony’s Higher Secondary school at Pettai in which 810 school students participated along with their teachers. Awareness education was delivered to the students on village hygiene and personal hygiene. The school students had been taught on the mode of making use of toilets and the need of keeping public places clean and hygiene. All the students and teachers participated in the rally by holding awareness placards in their hands. The programme created very good impact among the students, teachers, parents and the general public. Slogans on various social development themes were raised by the participants who took part in the rally cum meeting.
We extend our whole-hearted gratitude to the National Director,Rev.Fr.Antony Raj and the programme staff in Kolping India National Office in Chennai for their unstinted support and fruitful cooperation for carrying out the programme to the Kolping members of Tirunelveli region.