Empowerment of the poor and marginalized is the avowed mission of Tirunelveli Social Service Society for which it collaborates with all the right-minded persons, organizations and community based people’s groups and delivers awareness cum sustainable training programmes for engendering change in every spheres of people’s lives.
Empowerment coupled with development initiatives enable the target people to attain integrated development in their lives. The reporting year is filled with umpteen number of empowerment initiatives and the same could be seen in this report.
- Women Self Help Groups
- Special Activities carried out in five zones.
- Major training programmes delivered
- Environment Protection and Eco-farming activities
- Tamirabarani River Protection movement.
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Natural Resource Management
- Kolping India Programme in Palay Region
- Mother Teresa Women Resource and Training centre